I haven’t been asked “why software engineering?” nearly as often as “why astrology?” My guess is that many individuals view astrology as a fool’s errand at best and a deceit at worst. I posted this on FB years ago:
Astrology, if used in beneficial manners, can be very empowering. I love astrology because:
- It helps me understand (and appreciate) myself and others
- It helps me to connect to others and help others understand themselves
- It helps me understand seasons of my life, the exquisite “clockwork” unifying inner growth and “outer” events rather than considering life external, random and hostile.
- It helps me feel connected, as we all have our charts made of similar elements and some seasons and waves we experience together
- It helps me to appreciate the variety of human experience, personalities and “puzzles”, allowing for easier acceptance, knowing and appreciation.
- I tell parents about how interesting, unique and great their children can be, hopefully adding a bit to their mutual appreciation and respect
- It keeps me curious and excited. I am learning something new from every friend and client.
- It’s magical in many ways. It’s elegant, profound and brilliant. Sometimes it feels like getting a peak at the source code of the universe.
Header photo by Supri Yanto on Unsplash