Thank you for reading Old Stars, New Light. It took me about nine years to write it, and it reflects my passion for astrology and related subjects that I love and have practiced for 35 years and counting.
The book is based on about 30 hours of dialogues with my friend and mentor, Elias, recorded between 2013 and 2021.
Old Stars, New Light is unique and complements many excellent textbooks out there in several important ways. The book reflects my journey to become a professional reader, which included a spectrum of challenges ranging from self-doubt, to re-examining the fundamentals, to learning to synthesize multiple factors and to flow with the interpretation.
Where to get the Book?
What’s in the Book?
The astrology section covers fundamentals such as signs, planets, Houses and aspects, with many examples of using them together. There are more advanced topics such as the Nodes of the Moon, planetary speed and retrograde motion, and the use of declination. There are topics I’ve never ever heard discussed before such as zero declination. There are intersections with Elias’s material such as essence families mapped to zodiac signs, which offers another perspective.
There is a chapter in which I attempt a real-time chart reading for Jean, who courageously offered her chart to be read and agreed to have it published.
The sections on Tarot and Runes, while shorter, are quite intense and filled with all the information needed to get a beginner started, some of it very different from the current consensus out there. A few years ago I’d have strongly doubted that I’d ever pull cards or cast Runes, but I’m glad I did.
Mapping Tarot cards to the signs and planets enriched all sides of the equation.
I love this book because:
- It helped me to become a better astrologer, better reader and a better person
- 10 years in the making, it absorbed the creative energy of a lot of very talented people who made it happen
- It contains a unique perspective of a channeled awareness, akin to Seth by Jane Roberts or Abraham by Esther Hicks
- It’s a friendly dialogue between my mentor and myself, where I’m not afraid to be a fool and be honest about my doubts, confusion and failures, where I put myself on stage to read in “real time”, and as a result emerge more clear, confident and fluid in my readings
- It clarifies so many fundamental and advanced topics in astrology, tarot, runes and divination in general
- A well known astrologer stated in our private exchange that the material is “solid and original”, and that sums up the book quite nicely
About the Title
Old Stars refers to the subject of the book – the astrology, Tarot and Runes. While Tarot is relatively new, astrology and Runes have been around for as long as humanity remembers itself. They are a part of our DNA. The sections on Tarot and Runes were added as an afterthought, and learning these subjects was not only fascinating to me in itself, it expanded my horizons in understanding astrology and symbolism, and significantly improved my trust in my intuition and flow as a reader.
The New Light is where this book really shines, because there is no perspective out there quite like the one offered by Elias.
An Original Method
Some of you may be familiar with the phenomenon of energy exchange (sometimes referred to as channeling) and specifically with Mary Ennis who has channeled Elias for thousands of her clients.
Some may simply compare this to the inspired work of shamans, teachers and artists from time immemorial. Perhaps the collaboration between Marc Edmund Jones, a noted American astrologer and spiritualist, and the gifted clairvoyant Elsie Wheeler, who created the Sabian Symbols in 1925, may be in a similar category.
In my view, regardless of the method, the mechanics and the source, the information ultimately speaks for itself. A very well-known astrologer and author who read a sample chapter called the text “solid and original,” and I truly believe there are pearls in the book for everyone.
The sessions appear in chronological order due to the unstructured nature of the dialogues in the book. Had I attempted to make this into another textbook I’d have surely lost the flow and originality of the work. At the risk of irritating the reader, I kept it as it happened and I hope this can make reading Old Stars, New Light akin to a treasure hunt.
I hope you enjoy reading this book as much as we enjoyed putting it together, and that you may be inspired to try it out in your own readings. May it shine New Light on the Old Stars.
- Irlianna Samsara (StarSound Astrology), traditional and modern astrologer, healer
- Ana Isabel (Life Astrologer), pshychological astrologer, hypnotherapist
- Carmen Turner-Schott, MSW, LISW (Deep Soul Divers), psychological astrologer, licensed clinical social worker, writer, teacher
- Anthony Picco (Cosmic Tuesdays), astrologer, teacher
Let’s stay in touch? To stay in the loop about the books and Daniel’s other news and activities, subscribe to the newsletter.